The corner walls and the foundations
allow us to understand the settlement structure of our ancestors.
It is the same with coaching. A coach’s presuppositions, the foundations of their ideas, make it possible to understand and evaluate the coaching work. I will discuss my pre-assumptions in my free „𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞-𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩 -𝐂𝐨𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞“ on 6 October 19:00.
These are the pre-assumptions or basic assumptions for my coaching work:
– A human being is a biological system. He exists only in relation to his environment.
– People are social systems equipped with the capacity for empathy, cooperation and altruism.
– Humans are endowed with the ability to cope with life problems independently and creatively.
– Humans are learning systems.
– Love is the essential drive to becoming human.
– Body and mind are aspects of the same system, viewed at different system levels.
What are the implications of these assumptions for my work?
– Since I assume that my clients have the ability to solve their problems themselves, this means that I only accompany and support them. For me, it also means that I do not influence them from the outside with „tools“. I behave in coaching according to my presuppositions, i.e. genuinely and empathically. What some would describe as applying methods has become part of my normal professional behaviour, as it corresponds to my thinking and feeling in relation to the client.
– Since I consider love the essential driving force of our humanity, I also assume that each of my clients seeks constructive, cooperative, loving solutions of their own accord.
– Since it is one of my fundamental convictions that we humans are permanently learning beings, I am also certain that everyone is capable of changing their behaviour in the direction of „constructive“.
– Since I not only believe that love is the driving factor of our becoming human, but I also really like people myself, it is easy for me to encourage and support my clients in an approachable and friendly way.
On October 11th, I will start with a new Training course Systemic Coaching.